Wednesday, September 30, 2009

McAlister's (Making It Recyclable)

I absolutely love McAlister's Deli. Mostly I just love their Sweet Tea. My whole family is from Kentucky, so Sweet Tea runs in our blood. Unfortunately, my hubby on the other hand likes it unsweet. So, making tea at home I either have to make two separate pitchers or make it unsweet and add my own sugar each time. For those of you out there that drink sweet tea, you know it doesn't taste the same when you add sugar to cold tea. It just doesn't dissolve right.

On to my real story. Our family goes to our local McAlister's almost every Monday night. They have "Kids eat for Free night". The kids get their faces painted and there's a magician there also. I love it because it's cheaper and I get my Sweet Tea. I always get a refill before I go and when I got home I got a wonderful surprise. I finished my tea and dumped the ice in the sink. I then went to throw it away and stopped to glance underneath it. And low and behold it had a #1 on the bottom. So, I popped that baby in the recycle bin and didn't feel a bit of guilt for eating out! Now if only the kids cups were recyclable. Sounds like a new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment