Saturday, July 4, 2009

Family Trip to the Farmers Market

Every Saturday our family takes a trip to our local Farmers Market. We usually ride bikes there. It's about 7 miles round trip, but today it was raining, so we drove instead. We stopped at the credit union to get some cash and headed over. We've now realized $20 isn't enough to buy everything we want.

We bought some squash, radishes, blueberries, raspberries, and honey sticks. We also got some yogurt from Traders Point Creamery. At this point we realized we didn't have enough money to get everything else we wanted. On our way to the car to run back to the credit union we walked by our favorite booth. The lady there is so sweet. They were starting to pack things up, so I told her we'd be back next week since we only had a dollar left. She then starts grabbing stuff out of her boxes and hands me some onions and zucchini. We of course feel guilty so my hubby throws our only dollar on her table, which of course she refused to take. So we left it laying there.
This is just one of the reasons we LOVE going to the Farmers Market. I love feeding my family food that is healthy and free of chemicals. And I love helping out those that can make that happen. Having someone as sweet as this lady just makes me want to give her all my money for this cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment