Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First Harvest of the Season

My garden(s) are looking beautiful if only I had more time to pull the weeds! I picked my first few things this week. Sunday, I picked the first cucumber. I didn't have a chance to take a picture of it since we ate it immediately with our lunch. And it was delicious! Later that day I went out picked the first small batch of green beans. There weren't many but enough for me and the kids to eat one night while my hubby is in class.

Last, but not least, I picked the very first banana pepper. I usually can these. My hubby loves them on bratwurst and hotdogs. But, I'll have to think of something to put it in since there's only one right now.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful crop! Gardening must bring such satisfaction. My dad brought us some zucchini from his garden, and it is so good.

    ReplyDelete